Self Care through Hair Training
March 18 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC+0
Calling All Black Barbers and Hairstylists
BMHC Needs You! Welcome to an extraordinary opportunity to create a meaningful impact in our community. At BMHC, we are reaching out to you, our esteemed barbers and Hairstylists, to address a crucial issue affecting our brothers and sisters: mental and emotional well-being. As barbers and Hairstylists, your unique connection with clients positions you as frontline advocates for positive change.
Join us in becoming a beacon of support and understanding for those silently navigating their struggles. Black Mental Canada is introducing the “Self Care through Hair” initiative, offering you the chance to become First Responders in identifying clients at risk of or experiencing a mental health crisis.
At BMHC, our goal is to collaborate to provide training through our “First Response program.” This foundational training will equip you with best practices for identifying, engaging in conversations, actively listening, and referring those who may be potentially at risk.
ALL AT NO COST. YES, NO COST.
This half day training presents a valuable opportunity for you to enhance your skills, increase visibility, and potentially become a paid partner in this impactful program. If you are a barber or hairstyling professional, you can’t afford to miss out on this training opportunity and become a BMHC partner.
Content Covered during the Training
- Module 1: Understanding Mental Health in the Black Community
- Module 2: Active Listening and Empathy
- Module 3: Crisis Identification and Response Strategies
- Module 4: Referral Processes and Community Resources
Other topics that may be included:
- History of Blacks and Mental Health Care
- The Current Context the Black Experience
- A Look at Mental Well-Being within the black Community
- Raced Based Traumatic Stress Injuries
- Cultural Safety and Support
- First Response Recovery Plan Strategies
Please click the link below to register via Eventbrite.